- The shoulder is the most complex joint in our body and comprises tendons and muscles that allow us to move our arms in different ways.
- It is natural to experience shoulder pain or experience a loss of shoulder or arm mobility due to an injury or a developing ailment.
- Most cases are due to exertion or an injury.
What is shoulder pain?
Shoulder pain can be a mild or strong discomforting sensation in your shoulder joint, around your neck and biceps, or the upper part of your back. It restricts your ability to move freely and causes a great deal of discomfort. Shoulder pain can be temporary, or it can be permanent, requiring medical intervention & treatment.
What are the signs and symptoms of shoulder pain?
You may experience one or more of the following symptoms of shoulder pain:
- Difficulty or an inability to move the arm
- Swelling around the shoulder bone
- Stiffness in the general area of the upper back
- Unsteadiness while raising the arm
What are the causes of shoulder pain?
The following factors may lead to pain in the shoulder:
- Strains from overexertion
- Inflammation from overuse
- Dislocation of the shoulder joint
- Fractures of the collar or upper arm bone
- Frozen shoulder and pinched nerves
- Arthritis brought upon by ageing and natural wear & tear
- Heart attack (in some cases)
How to cure shoulder pain?
Treatment of shoulder pain depends on the cause and severity:
- Ice packs, rest, and avoiding movements involving the shoulder for treating minor shoulder discomforts.
- Simple shoulder exercises recommended by a doctor or a professional physiotherapist.
- Over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medications such as Moov STRONG Diclofenac Gel or Moov STRONG Diclofenac Spray
How can Moov STRONG help?
Moov STRONG Gels and Sprays contain Diclofenac (No.1 Doctor’s prescribed active) which offers instant and long-lasting relief from pains and aches in the shoulder. Its non-sticky, fast-absorbing formula targets the source of the pain to help you regain the lost mobility in your shoulder. On application, Moov STRONG creates a warming sensation and provides long-lasting relief from pain.
When should you seek medical help?
Contact a doctor if you experience:
- A complete inability to move the shoulder
- A lasting bruise
- Heat and tenderness around the shoulder joint
- Persisting pain beyond a few days of treatment at home